Pages

Monday 26 June 2017

Last Kiwi Sport Session playing Basketball

WALT: Play Basketball games to improve our dribbling skills

Today at 9:40 we went down to the bottom courts to have our last Basketball session with Coach Peter and Coach Hyram. When we got down there we had to jog from 1 end of the court to the other 3 times. Then we played Golden Child. If you's don't know what Golden Child is it is when you sort your group into 2 groups, (1 group was called Cavaliers and the other was Currymuncha's).  To play the game 1 group has to stand at 1 corner and run the whole court until you get to the last corner while the other team has to shoot and if they get it in the person that's running has to stop where they are. When we played the 1st round we lost then we played 2 more and we lost the game.

Then we played Sideline Basketball. Sideline Basketball is when you sort your group into 2 teams(we stayed in the same team we were in when we were playing Golden Child) and each group has to stand behind the half court line facing the opposite direction. For example if my team was shooting to the left hoop we would stand at the back of the half court line and run to the right hoop then go grab the ball. We had to run when we calls a number for example if we had 10 players in my group he would call out any number and that much people have  to run and play Basketball. We Won that game and it was time for us to go and line up with Kelly.

Image result for basketballImage result for basketball

The challenges I had during this lesson was getting the ball because every time I get the ball the opposite team would always take it off me so that was 1 challenge. The other challenge was shooting while played Golden Child because I was laughing hard and it was a distraction to my shooting so then I missed. My last challenge was running in Golden child because my legs were sore and I had to run to the other corner and i got there.

I had 3 best times during this session 1 of them was playing Golden child because everyone was laughing and we had good times while playing Golden child because everytime I shoot Losana and Akanesi laughs so we did it to each other. My other best time was working together while playing Sideline Basketball because everyone got the ball and passed it to everyone. And also  my best time was doing the chant at the end because we got to say Tamaki.

What I didn't like about this lesson was shooting for Golden Child because I kept on missing and I could've at least got 1 in but I didn't. I also didn't like a little bit about this session is that people keep going out of the court. WHy I didn't like this session because when someone goes out and the ref see's it they don't call it so that's what I didn't like in this session.

What I learned was to run a dribble because I don't really run and bounce the ball because I am use to playing netball.

My thoughts on this Basketball session is that we should work more as a team. My feelings on this session was happy because everyone participated in the games and warm ups. If I got to rate this session I would rate it 10. I would rate it 10 because it was a fun session and I wish we had these kinds of session before.

I hope you like it Comment any feedback and Feedforward on what i need to work on in my future ongoing blogpost.

Many Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment