Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

Day 3 WLJ: Wild Eyes

IALTR:eflect on my second activity blog post on Winter Learning Journey.


Today the title of this task was "Wild Eyes". In the first activity it was telling us about Curious Kiwi's Aunties and Uncles currently living in Otorohanga Kiwi House and Native Bird Park. Then it says that Curious Kiwi is our tour guide and he would take us to the bird park which is a five hour drive from Dargaville. When we enter and walk trough a bird house you learn about the work that is being done. Then we decide to help out by adopting an animal. The animal I chose was a Kereru bird and it is a native wood pigeon. According to Google Kereru's eat Fruit. Kereru's are only found in New Zealand and they normally live in forest's.

Then we got on the bus and headed towards Hawkes Bay. Hawkes Bay is a pretty place and that is were we are resting for the evening. Then when we get to Napier we walk through the Waitangi Regional Park and then notice that the leave on some trees are damaged because of non-native animals like a possum. A possum is from Australia. Kiwi's are working hard to try kill predators like these so when 2050 hits we will be free.

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Possum pic.jpg

My Opinion.
My opinion on whether we agree on having predators in our country is that we should because we should allow other animals from other countries be welcomed into our country. 3 reasons why I think this way is because I've never seen a possum and I want to see 1 in New Zealand, I want to find out if there nice or not and I want to see 1 and feed it.

It is time for us to sleep, as soon as I close my eyes we hear something moving outside he hotel. When we looked outside it looked like a big bird(Moa).

What I enjoyed was looking outside and seeing a Moa. The challenges I found in taking a trip around the northisland of New Zealand is that we had to come back and sleep when it was night time, for me I wanted to stay up and take a tour around the North Island of New Zealand because it looked cool.

Please Leave Comments.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ana!

    I'm intrigued by your stance on the possum issue in New Zealand. I understand that you want to see and know more about the possum before you agree that we should get rid of them all. Sometimes, if you haven't seen or experienced something for yourself, you can't really have an opinion on it...

    Well done Ana :)

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete