Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Day 1 Of Winter Learning Journey Activities


IALT:Reflect on my first activities blog post on Winter Learning Journey.

Just before this blog post is being written I have finished my first activity. This is the activity instructions that I followed.

100% PURE New Zealand

Activity 1:  Go to the Tourism New Zealand website and click on the ‘Facts - New Zealand People’ tab. Read about the people of New Zealand and then choose three interesting facts to post on your blog. The facts must be written in your own words. Do not simply copy and paste the facts from the website☺.

I was exited to do this task because it is my first blogpost done on Winter Learning Journey. So here is the facts I have done in my own words.
                                                                                                                                                          

(T1)New Zealand's friendly and down-to-earth people will be one of the things you treasure most about your visit.
  • There are 4 main Nationalities in this country and they are Maori,European,Pacific Islander(Me) and Asians. Today there are 4.4 million people in New Zealand. 67% European Descent, 14.6 Indigenous Maori, 9.2% Asians and 6.9% Pacific Islander. The main cities in New Zealand is Christchurch,Wellington and the city I currently live in Auckland.

(T2) Kiwi's love the great Outdoors.

  • The most popular sport in New Zealand is Rugby. All Blacks is a Rugby team and they currently have the Rugby World Cup,Cup at the moment. In New Zealand some schools play rugby and people look up to rugby stars.

 (T1)Mate ship on the sporting Field.
  • New Zealand is known for loving the outdoors. 15% of families own boats. Hiking,Camping,Fishing, Bush and Beach walks are cool activities in New Zealand. The most adventurous activities are Climbing up Mountains . Climbing Mountain is popular in New Zealand because 1 New Zealander (Sir Edmund Hillary) climbed up the tallest Mountain in the world and it is Mount Everest.


Activity 2: Your tour of New Zealand is going to start right here in Auckland. Watch the Tourist video for Auckland to learn about the awesome things that you can see and do in the city. Once you’ve finished, choose your favorite five activities from the video and list them on your blog.  

In this activity as you can up there↑. It said that we had to watch a video and there are activities in it and name 5 activities you like to do in the video and that's what I did so keep reading.

  1. Going to Kelly Tarltons
  2. Walking on the Beach and making Sand Castels
  3. Going to the Meusem
  4. Going on the Ferry Boat
  5. visiting Rangitoto 
So I just listed my 5 favorite thing to do in the video and this activity is finished so im on the Bonus Activity.

Here is the Bonus Activity - Bonus Activity: Now it’s time to start your tour! Curious Kiwi decides to start by taking you on a short tour through downtown Auckland. You stop at the Sky Tower, the tallest building in all of New Zealand. When you look up, you see a huge New Zealand flag on the top of the tower. This flag was created back in 1902. That makes the New Zealand flag 115 years old!


H:\Blogging Study\WLJ 2017\New Zealand flag.png

Last year, the Prime Minister of New Zealand suggested that we should replace the flag with a new, updated design. He invited everyone in New Zealand to come up with their own flag design and submit it.
For this activity, it is your turn to design a new flag. Use any drawing programme that you wish. I would recommend using the Google Drawings programme or the Flag Designer website. It allows you to create a flag in three easy steps. When you are done, take a screenshot of your flag and post it on your blog. Here is an example:
To earn full points you must describe the flag, in words, below the picture. Please tell us what is on the flag and what inspired your design.   
Here is my finished flag. This Flag represents 4 things to me, and they are Favorite Color, Culture, Sports and being a Kiwi. My Favorite Color is Blue, I am a proud to be Tongan, I play sports in Auckland and that represents the Left hand side of the Fern, On the right hand side of the Fern it represents where I country I currently live in and that is New Zealand. Here is my Flag...⇩


Hope you like it. I really enjoined doing this task because this is my first time completing and joinging in the Winter Learning Journey. What I found challenging was typing the facts up because I wrote a lot. My next step is to try write less but smarter words for my facts.

Please Leave Comments, Thank You

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Ana,

    What an awesome blog post. It is detailed, entertaining and informative. Well done!

    I particularly like the explanations that you provided for the facts about New Zealand. You wrote a lot! I can see from your reflection that you found this part the most challenging. I'm really impressed that you persevered and did your best, despite the challenge. I am confident that, with more practice, you will get even better at summarising facts.

    Fortunately, there are a number of activities in the Winter Learning Journey programme that will provide you with the opportunity to summarise information (eg. Day #4, Activity #2 asks you to summarise a movie).

    I can't wait to read more of your posts, to learn with you and to support you in developing your skills further. You can do it!

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete