Pages

Monday 20 November 2017

Kiwisport (Shot Put)


Image result for shot put ball green

IALT: position the placing of a shot put.


Today at 9:40 we had to go to Kiwi sport. When we got walked down to the field we Coach Allen and Coach Kelly was waiting for us. While we all were listening to Coach Allen he said we are going to play Dodge ball for our warm up game.

After playing dodge ball we had to put ourselves into 1 group of 3 people. It was Me,Nesi and Sana, when we were in our groups we got given a soccer ball and we had to throw it like a shot put to each other.

To throw a a shot put we had to put it in our finger tips and put it in between our neck and chin. Then we had to bring the soccer balls in and then everyone was kicking the Soccer balls high in the air and then they caught it and put it in the bag. Then the instructor (Coach Allen) showed us how to position the shot put. Then we had to throw the shot put as far as we can.

I partnered up with Sana because we only had 1 shot put in a pair. When I had a go it went far enough as I thought it will go. But when I saw Sana throw it,it was good, Her positioning was on point. Then we had to put the light shot puts back into the bag and head off to class.


Image result for dodge ballImage result for dodge ball



What I found challenging was throwing the shot put  ball because it was quite heavy to throw the shot put. What I learned was that the shot put was green and it was light. And I knew that there was wet sand in it because the shot out was very light for a real 1. What I enjoyed was learning how to position myself while throwing a shot put because I never knew how to throw 1 until today. My next steps are is to try and practice with a tennis ball in my own time so I can be good at when I older and be like Valerie Adams.

Please Comment Feedback and Feedforward.

Malo Aupito

1 comment: