Pages

Friday 1 September 2017

Career Program with Miss Aireen

IALT: define what Qualities means

Today Room 9 went to Room 10 to have a session with Miss Aireen about Careers. In today's session we talked about Qualities. But before we got to talk about things Miss Aireen shared a Google Doc to Room 9 and 10 and we had to Make a copy before we do anything else.In the Google Doc there is 36 pages and we were on the 9th page. On the 9th page it talks about What makes us "US". There were 2 activities in this pages of the Document and it is Who or Career idol is and How I like to do things. ON the 1st task(Career Idol) I wrote about my SIster and My Father. We had to write 2 paras for each Idol. After doing that task we worked on the other task and we had to copy and paste this tick and had to paste it on to what suits us the most in the columns. Then we worked on another task and it was to work with a buddy and write down 3 things Carpenters like to do and 3 things nurses like to do. Here is what I came up with.

CARPENTER

NURSE

Working on projects with others
Helping others
They would like to be in a group
Being in a group
Creating new things
Working on projects with others
Then we worked on something else and we had to write why we would/would suit Nurse/Carpenter. Here is what I came up with.


Being a carpenter would not suit me because I am scared of heights so if I climb on a ladder to go up high I would be scared to come down


Being a nurse would not suit me because I am not good at communicating with others. It also wouldnt suit me because I don't really work on projects so I wouldn't  know what .


Then we had to create a DLO on what qualities mean. This is what I came up with.


Then our class had to pack up and wait for the bell to ring. While we were waiting we sang a song by R Kelly and it was Worlds Greatest. Then Miss Aireen stopped the song and said the bell is about to ring so we went to class and put our netbooks away and went and go our lunch and when to Morning Tea.

What I found challenging was working on the Qualities DLO because I forgot what qualities means so I just wrote what came to mind. What I enjoyed was working on what I would suit or not suit because I am scared of height which is said in the carpenters collum. What my nexts steps are is to try and listen and ask questions to get a better understanding.

I hope you like it comment Feedback and Feedforward on what I need to work on in my future ongoing blogpost.

MANY THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment